Monday 9 May 2016

A Call to my Muse


A Call to my Muse


Typically in poetry, the poet may call out to his or her Muse for inspiration in writing their poetry. I like all poets have my own - the Grey Muse. Enjoy and feel free to leave any comments about this poem - I'd love to hear what you think about this poem.


The Grey Muse


Screech ye Furies of frustration – how much have you been prevented from saying?

Sing you sirens of sadness – let your tears fall like grey raindrops on poetry’s idyllic utopia

Cackle you imps of ire – let your forks of anger prod my pallid, unfeeling flesh

And rise ye denizens of despair – may you reign over humanity for many a year.


Too long have you all been shackled, hidden in the dark depths with your mistress….

The Grey Muse

Rise up once more my queen

Take your throne.

Banish happiness and joy, excitement and pleasure, those fakeries and fraudsters

May your darkness, the truth, reign forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment